Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Questions and Answers

From time to time people ask me questions or say things that I want to respond to, and I've been trying to figure out how to do that, so here is my attempt at that.

Becky at Lazy Daisy Log suggested we go out for coffee when she gets into town...Becky, I'm excited! We have no friends here yet, so going out with anyone will be the news of the week!!!

Sarah, at My Life With Boys told the story of her births...I just wanted to add...I have had 6 live births, only one of which was actually "on time"....only because the doctors scheduled an early C-section for my breach #1 child. The rest were 7 days late, 10 days late, 21 days late, 24 days late, and 25 days late. They were also HUGE....well, my early one was 7#7oz....and they went up from there...2 - 8 lbers, 2 - 9 lbers, and one that was 10# 3oz. Surprisingly, the 10lb one was one the easier births!

Melanie over at Monday through Sunday asked about our Brew Groups at church. I really enjoy our Brew Group...this is the 4th church that we've been in that has a similar thing, and we really like it. It has helped us make closer friends within the church, and has been helpful to be in a group of similar-minded, similar-aged people, dealing with similar problems, but able to come at things from different perspectives. The Mama over at Our Seven Qtpies mentions sending her sister over to visit...please, send her...if she's ready to ROCK at 10:00 on Sunday morning...because this church service defines CONTEMPORARY. I know that style is not for everyone, but we enjoy it....

Oh, and an update on my "Pins and Needles" post.....hubby arrived safely in Virginia around 7:00 pm on Tuesday, after driving for 3 long days. Thank you to everyone for your prayers! They are much appreciated! We are all glad to have hubby/daddy here!

Cynthia at Life is Good asked about my transcription work. I have only just started this week doing medical transcription, working through a service. For years I have tried to get into this, but it never worked...until now....God's timing in all things, I suppose....the services always wanted 2 years of in-office experience, which I don't have. I've done legal transcription in-office, but only took a class on medical terminology, and worked doing billing, and appointment setting in a medical setting. Now, I get my chance.....

Mike, over at Gunny's Gouge is threatening to take away my Girl Scout cookies....good thing you're clear across the country, Mike! Go find some poor, unsuspecting Girl Scout where you are! Oh, and by the way, don't you DARE get my husband in on the whole "What Not to Wear" thing!! One more thing....you remind me of my FIL, a retired Marine.....THAT is why I keep coming back for more!

Sallie, Mike's wife, asked if we still homeschool. Unfortunately, no. I miss homeschooling some days....mainly, I really miss the flexibility that homeschooling allows. I had to stop homeschooling after I went back to work full-time while we were in Montana. I found that it is VERY difficult to homeschool 4 children and work full-time overnights, and remain sane....never mind trying to clean house, cook meals, go to church....or even stay awake!!

Beth, I think you missunderstand me....I LOVE being back on the East Coast. We are now 30 hours closer to family. I love being in an area known for less harsh winters, and more humidity. While it is an adjustment, so is every move.

Okay, me thinks I have covered them all....hope everyone has a GREAT Sunday! I'm off to get ready to head out to our VERY contemporary, VERY rockin' church service!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you are having a very lovely Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Laura...God to see that you take my razzing with a light heart, it is meant in fun. I should hope that I remind you of your FIL, all Marines are basically the same after they do a career....we are from the same mold (except for the 10% who are Blue Falcon's).

Blended in Texas said...

For some reason I had thought you had mentioned somewhere that you had big babies too...but I wasn't sure. It's so nice to know I'm not alone. =P Thanks for taking the time to answer people's questions...I've really enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you better.

Anonymous said...

I really hope Gunny brings me some cookies home!! LOL..

I love to dip them in coffee.. YUMMY :-)

I enjoyed installment 4 today..

God bless,
Sallie