Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This and That

This is promising to be a crazy week. My transcription equipment arrived yesterday, and I ended up spending 3 hours on the phone with my brother, while he took over my computer, and cleaned off all of the "mean and nasties" off of it. Thank goodness for the ability to have someone work on it remotely!

Today, I tried to finish cleaning up the house....didn't get very far...because, it was also my first day actually working as a transcriptionist. Oh, and hubby gets here soon...he's hoping to get here by supper time. AND, the phone installation guy is here, trying to fix the MESS that the contractors made of the telephone lines. AND, the kids are doing homework. AND, they're supposed to be going to Chick-fil-A for supper, to raise money for their field trips. AND we're supposed to have our "Brew Group" tonight. I don't think we're going to make it to that one!

Hopefully things settle down a little more tomorrow!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Your "Brew Groups" sound like what my church is starting this month..they are called tracks. Do you like them? My brother is an associate Pastor in AL and he really likes them and said they work well there. Hope things calm down for you!

Roger Miller said...

I thought I would pop over and check out your blog. Way cool, I must say.

Aren't six kids more fun than just two? :-)

Wendy said...

Sounds like you've had a pretty wide open day! Good luck getting things calmed down and back to normal. :)

Qtpies7 said...

I need to tell my girlfriend about your Brew Groups, they sound awesome! She lives in Suffolk. I used to live in Hampton!

I love your hand is a rubber stamp answer on your profile. I think I am fed up with the questions because I came up with answers to shut people up. It isn't OK to ask about people's sex life, like if they know what birth control is or if they know what causes that. So when I am asked if I know what causes that I say "Yes, and we are really good at it!" My husband says "Yes, but we just looooooove pizza!" He gets a laugh, but I get some shock and they learn not to ask stupid questions, plus some great giggles from some people.
(my dad can't stop laughing at the pizza comment) (yes, my dad asked that question when we were pregnant with #7!)
I found it happens less when you go over 6 kids. Though people still think I am crazy for having more than 2.

Cynthia said...

I love your Brew Group names. Our church has Affinity Groups which are based around common interests.