Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

My day

Saturdays are CLEANING DAY. Today was especially busy, as we had family for dinner....our niece and nephew live here in town, and were able to bring their dad and spend some time with their cousins. However, we had to really catch up on the house....

...which meant that I missed out on Scrolling Saturday, and didn't get to go exploring thru all my bloggy friends' sites today. VERY sad.

...it also meant that my house looks GREAT!!! I LOVE having company, because my husband helps out with housework every time we have company coming. Last night, the kids had this discussion with thier dad about how overwhelmed they get with organization, and when he looked at me, I had to just shrug....I am NOT organized. HE is the organized member of this family. I am organizationally challenged, to say the least. Just thinking about organizing my house exhausts me. Nice thing...he decided that he had the time today, and helped the kids organize their rooms today...complete with labels on everything!

And now, the cousins have left for the night, and a couple of neighborhood kids are spending the night. Hubby has to be at church early in the morning, to help get everything set up, so I gotta get going early, and get myself, my 6 kids, and the 2 neighbor kids to church on time. Time for me to go, too, and spend some quality time with the hubby....reading while he watches NASCAR!

4 comments:

Laura said...

A good clean of the house is always a good thing!!! But we missed your scolling Saturday post.

Cheers!

Misty DawnS said...

Your husband helps clean the house? Where did you have him trained - I need to send my husband there ;-) hehe

Have a great weekend, my friend.

Stacey said...

Don't tell Misty, but my husband cleans the house too ...shh! I'm worn out just thinking of getting eight kids to church...how'd that go? I do good just to get myself out the door with clean clothes! xo

Laura Paxton said...

Surprise, surprise! I woke up this morning to hubby already out the door, with the 3 boys going with him! I was SO excited! "All" I had to do was get the 5 girls and myself out there...no biggie!! The girls are really easier!