1. Papers…mail, school papers, work papers…they grow during the night. I am convinced of it.
2. Laundry…the clean kind. I rarely have trouble with the dirty laundry, but the clean stuff just won’t go away.
3. Toys…with 6 kids in the house, the toys are everywhere. And, even though we’ve instituted rules to govern where the toys are kept, the still creep into every corner of the house.
4. Dishes. Again with the rules…there are NOT supposed to be ANY dishes upstairs, because there is not supposed to be any food upstairs. How come I keep finding things up there?!? And with 8 of us trying to keep eating, the dishes generated are overwhelming.
5. Trash. How people get away with little bags of trash is astounding to me. I know we could do better, but I feel crippled…the recycle bin for our place was gone when we got here…HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RECYCLE?!? (and no notes about going and finding a place to take the stuff…I am still trying to find my way around to the necessary places…schools, grocery stores, Wal*mart…I don’t have any brainpower left right now to try to find the recycle place!).
6. Movies. We don’t get out much, which necessitates LOTS of movies…and, apparently, we’ve bought a lot of movies that we’ve never watched…
7. Wal*mart bags…shopping bags…again, this is a new area, and I haven’t yet found a place to recycle them, so they keep building up under my sink.
8. Books…I LOVE books. I have quite a collection that just seems to keep growing.
9. Pictures…family pictures, school pictures, decorative pictures…I am running out of space to hang them all.
10. Boxes. We just moved, and those boxes just won’t go away.
11. Shoes…8 people in the house, each with at least 2 pairs of shoes equals a LOT of shoes, snow boots, sandals, slippers….
12. Socks…somehow they never get matched and put back into circulation….
13. Children…yes, the children would LOVE to take over…it’s a daily battle.
For more Thursday Thirteen, go here.