Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #6


Thirteen Things I love



1. Coffee, in bed, or already made for me...but I'm a bit of a coffee snob...no more straight Folger's....oh, no...MUST have my fresh-ground Millstone Decafinnated Vanilla Bean Coffee, mixed half and half with the regular-strength Folger's coffee...'cause a girl's gotta have some caffiene to get her through the day! Once I got her trained, my eldest daughter makes REALLY good coffee!

2. Little people hugs and kisses...my kids can make my day by volunteering a hug or kiss....

3. The smell of my husband's cologne! YUM!

4. Chocolate...DARK, DARK chocolate. Sweet, or semi-sweet, chocolate bars or chocolate kisses, or drinking chocolate....I'll take it how I can get it.....

5. Music....Classical music, Big band, 60's rock, Southern Gospel, Contemporary Christian, choral, band, blues, jazz, country, pop (a little)......I love music......

6. Books. I love me a good book. Growing up, I read everything I could get my hands on....cereal boxes, dictionaries, encyclopedia, and every single piece of literature my mother had on her expansive bookshelves. Now, my bookshelves groan under the weight of my book collection....and I just added some more!! The newest additions: Inside the Kingdom, by Carmen bin Ladin; Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge; Woman First, Family Always, by Kathryn Sansone....and another one I got for my husband....but I want to read it, too, and now I can't find it.....

7. Flowers! Hubby brought me home roses last night! Beautiful white roses! They're SO pretty!

8. My husband. After 15+ years, I love him WAY more than I did when we got married. Amazing how you never can imagine that at the wedding!

9. The kids...each one in their own different way. They're fun, and challenging, and I would do anything for them.

10. Animals. I love having animals around me. I grew up on a farm, and our lives revolved around animal care...feeding them, picking up the eggs, getting the horses in, untangling the dog's chain, making sure the cat wasn't trapped in the basement, again, keeping the cows out of the wrong pastures..... Animals can give you a purpose for going on when there's not much left to motivate you, and can be so trusting and loving, and won't talk behind your back! My favorite animals are dogs and horses...and I collect cow things.

11. Friends...all kinds of friends. Military friends, neighborhood friends, church friends, old friends, work friends, internet friends....I just have problems keeping up with all of them....

12. February....my favorite month of the year. My birthday month. My birthstone is my favorite color.

13. Jesus....I know I'm gonna sound cheesy here.....please bear with me. My relationship with Jesus is the most important thing in my life. He has brought me through so much, giving me a future and hope, and it amazes me that He still loves me!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



35 comments:

Toni said...

Hey Laura,

Thanks for visiting my site. You have beautiful children and I know you must be one busy lady. I look forward to reading more of your blog. Great list!

Toni

Laura said...

What a great list!

Thanks for sharing!

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

I'll make you a deal. You can have all the dark chocolate and I will have all the milk chocolate!

Tilly Greene said...

I'm so with you on the "husband" thing. Who would've thought I'd love him more today than I did 15 years ago :-)

Oh and chocolate, yup, I love all kinds but my current weakness is the hot molten kind. This, despite what Nicholas found about it being bad for women. I'm just going to ignore that and hope they invent a speedy zimmer frame by the time I'm a senior.

Enjoy your favorite month, family and birthday :-)

jayedee said...

i don't think you sound cheesy at all! you go girl!

happy v day!

Mia said...

Nice list, I love those things too.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

What a great list! I enjoyed reading it.

suchsimplepleasures said...

hi laura!! happy valentines day!
xo

Anonymous said...

You have a lovely happy list!

Anonymous said...

I love dark chocs, too. And your #13 is too precious.

Thanks for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
Helene

Anonymous said...

Great list! I don't find it corny that you love Jesus at all!

Liberty said...

Hi Laura,

Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

#3 - yes! I completely agree with you... sigh...

Happy Valentine's!

Anonymous said...

Wow, 6 children, I must learn from you. I even haven't been ready to have another baby.

Thanks for checking out my TT :D

Nissa said...

Great list! I agree with many of those!
Happy Valentine's Day & Happy T13!

m said...

February is my birthday month too and therefore my favorite. Happy Valentine's Day!

Melanie said...

I have to admit..I am a coffee snob as well! My sisters work at Starbucks so I get free coffee all the time..and now I am ruined..everything else taste sub par! Great list! Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Dark chocolate... Now that's heaven. (Tho milk chocolate covered pretzels are acceptable *wink*)

Thanks for stopping by and many blessings to you -- 6 children, wow!

Anonymous said...

What a great list!

I may have to join the fun on a Thursday when I have nothing to post about ;)

Dawn said...

I have a book going all the time, and have to even have one in the car to read at stop lights!

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day from the Valentine Capital of the World!

Di said...

Happy Birthday Month! And amen to having so many things to love!

Jan Parrish said...

Great list. Happy TT!

Baba said...

Hi Laura, You have a great TT list..Wishing you a "happy valentine's day'....hope you and the kids had fun today.Thanks for your visit to my place...

tasha said...

Ooooh, I love my hubby's cologne as well. Great list!!

Forgetfulone said...

Chocolate and a good book. That sounds divine to me.

Monica C. Schreiber said...

Hello! I couldn't help but seize on the words "untangling the dog's chain." The plight of the perpetually chained backyard dog, or farm dog, is, in my opinion, one of the most overlooked animal welfare issues out there. How these poor animals suffer in isolation, unable to socialize, exercise or get respite from the cold.

I hope your dogs were not chained 24/7 and that you no longer keep chained dogs? If you do, I would urge you to check out www.dogsdeservebetter.org and see what you think. thanks!

Bethany said...

What a beautiful list! We share the same birthday month (mine's on the 28th) and I am one of 7 homeschooled children so it's fun to read your blog!!

Lifeless in Ohio said...

I love little people hugs and kisses too!

Gran said...

A Great TT list...Thanks for your visit today and your kind and loving comments.

Happy Valentine's Day!

(((HUGS)))
Angela

Anonymous said...

I love a lot of those things too!!

Anonymous said...

What a great list! Happy V-day!

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Oh...I think that's a wonderful list! Thanks for vising my blog! Happy belated Valentine's day!

Anonymous said...

5, 6, 10, 11 and 13 make me think of me. I enjoyed reading your list. :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm just getting caught up, but thank you for visiting my 13, and I love yours. Flowers from someone you love is the best!

soleil said...

thanks for your supportive comment. sorry i'm late in return. i love books as well. great list. :)