Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday, Monday....

...and all I really want to do is to go back to bed.

The kids are back to school today, and hubby's home from work for the day. I have not had much in the way of work today, but have mostly had a really lazy day, playing games, running the dishwasher, laundry, and drinking coffee. I can tell it's going to take some doing to get back into our regular schedule.

Tonight, we have 2 kids with baseball practice...hopefully it will dry out enough by then, so no one comes home muddy.

Maintenance was just out here. Hopefully they will be replacing the glass on the front screen door. The frame of one of the glass pieces broke, so the whole thing fell on my son's foot on Saturday...fortunately the glass did NOT break, nor did his foot, though he was convinced that he was permanently disabled...for the next 10 minutes or so, anyway.

We survived the weekend, and my daughter came back from Acquire The Fire, determined to go on a missions trip this summer...to Tiajuana, Mexico. Torture me. Please. Make me go. So, now we get to help her raise the money she needs, plus getting her visa taken care of. Ack. I'm excited for her, but dreading the work involved!

Now, to do battle with the state of Virginia...for a fine of $200+, and fees of $85 to get the drivers' license reinstated....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just more reason why Mondays should be banned.

imbeingheldhostage said...

Do you go through the post partum thing that I do when Easter Break is over? I'm giddy that everyone's at school and how the time is now mine, but then I think of all the things I wanted to do with the kids but didn't have the energy (or enough arms) for.
yeah, probably not-- not with baseball, money issues and fund raising-- remember, Monday only lasts for about 24 hours and then Tuesday comes-- hang in there.

Stacey said...

Yikes! I'm glad the son's foot is fine, that must have been frightening!

Hoping you're day was wonderful....and peaceful. xo

PS--wow that's quite a trip, I hope it can happen.

suchsimplepleasures said...

today...the day everyone went back to school...i think this was the single most happiest day of my life!!
i hope your daughter gets to go to tiajuana...what an amazing trip!!