Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Scrolling Saturday, Edition 10

From September, 2007


September 07
My second home
I normally spend a lot of time in Walmart. I actually spend approximately 40 hours a week there...as a cashier. I have gotten to the point that I HATE to go to work, because standing for that many hours a week on concrete floors HURTS. And the only shoes that were comfortable are now not allowed. However, on my days off, I can't seem to stay away. I've been in the store 4 times in the last 3 days...fortunately only spending about $150.00, total. I find that it is relaxing to me to go in there, and just be able to wander around, looking at things, and not be on some kind of hurried schedule.

So, when I went back in after our vacation, I was a little surprised at how different things looked! A LOT had been rearranged...in Cosmetics, I couldn't find the acne cream my daughter needed. In Electronics, all of the shelves had been rearranged, and new, different displays were out. Fortunately, on the grocery side of the store, things were still in their old familiar places. Honestly, I DO understand WHY things are moved around on a regular basis...it is to keep peoples' interests piqued.....BUT, it is aggravating. I like being able to find things in the same place they were the last time that I bought them....and when they're rearranged, I can't find them....lots of times I need help, and during the day, lots of time the help just isn't avalable.

Alright...off to fix lunch for the little girls, and take naps!!


For more Scrolling Saturday, go here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Walmart too! I can't imagine how much time I might spend there if I worked there and got a discount on top of it! LOL!

Happy Scrolling Saturday! :-)

imbeingheldhostage said...

Yeah! An insider to tell Walmart how infuriating it is as a customer to have everything moved on us. Go get them for us! You'd never move a blind man's furniture around, so why move a busy Mom's sanity around. Not nice. And it doesn't pique my interest. I just fume and talk to myself more.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Sometimes when that happens to me I say a not very nice word and just walk out. W-M would actually LOSE business doing that to me, unless it's in a closeby area that I can figure it out myself in fewer than three minutes. No WAY I am asking the "helpful" staff, no offense.