2. The parents get to make a lot of new friends, in a lot of different settings.
3. The kids learn responsibility for gloves, cleats, uniforms, caps, balls, bats...
4. The parents learn to juggle....practices on Monday and Wednesday for team #1,
practice on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for team #1, practice on Saturday for
team #3, and we don't know yet for team #4...plus the other family activities on
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday....and homework....
5. The two littler girls learn to entertain themselves at games and practices.
6. The parents learn to say "NO" to anything else....
7. The parents learn budgetting...for buying more gloves, balls, bats, cleats, uniforms...
8. The kids learn to do their homework in an efficient manner, in order to make it to
practices on time.
9. The kids all make new friends on their teams.
10. The parents remember how to make quick, filling meals, in order to get kids to
practices and games on time.
11. The kids who have played before add to their skills.
12. The kids who have not played before learn a new sport, and learn about taking risks.
13. The whole family gets to learn more about our new town, and makes new friends
and more memories.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants