Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

We're home....

...and recovering from driving forever and ever yesterday. I am glad to report that we made the whole trip safely and uneventfully, and that things went mostly as planned...minor issues like forgotten toothbrushes and too-cold children are not major issues! The kids and I had a great visit with hubby's parents, and we left the two oldest with them for a couple of days, and I took the other four and drove to my parents' house...another 2 hours away, and picked up my sister, so she could spend a few days with us. We then turned around and drove back to Virginia, arriving home at about 2:15 am. Everyone was safely in bed and sound asleep by 2:30 a.m.

And, while we were gone, hubby was busy! I came home to a wonderfully clean house....my kitchen was spotless, and the whole upstairs was picked up and vaccuumed! Thank you, honey!

Now, back to work!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Whew...lots of driving...glad you made it home.

Now you will need a vacation from your vacation!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Hooray for hubby!!! What a man!

Stacey said...

Happy you're home safe and sound! And wow I'm quite impressed with your hubby! Can you send him this way? xo

Anonymous said...

That is so great that your husband cleaned for you while your were gone, what a blessing!