Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Scrolling Saturday, Edition 12

From the Scrolling Saturday site (many thanks to the lovely ladies running this batch of fun!):
Once again, please show a round of applause for another edition of...SCROLLING
SATURDAY! Yes, it's Saturday. Again. So, for all of my new little lovelies...go
and find yourself an unloved and virtually unwanted, archived post. Give it a
little smoochie. And...display it for your new friends to see. Yeah, I
know...it's that easy. Oh...you're sooooo welcome!!Have a wonderful Saturday, my
little friends!!xoxo

From my old blog, January 24th, 2008

This just in....
Right about the time I was thinking I would be able to go about the business of everyday life without thinking about my poor little baby out there somewhere in cyberspace...this floats into my inbox....

Thank you for submitting your story A NEW FAMILY for publication consideration
in A Cup of Comfort for Military Families.

I hope to select and notify finalists by March 1, 2008. Authors whose stories are not selected for publication in the book should receive status notices in by May 1, 2008.

Please note that deadlines are sometimes extended by 1 to 4 weeks.
Due to my heavy workload, I cannot respond to queries regarding the status of individual stories nor comment on the merits or demerits of a story.

I look forward to reading your story.


Oh, ugghh....back to worrying about my blood, sweat and tears..."will she like it? what will she think of it? Am I actually giong to be PUBLISHED?!?"

Okay, enough of that nonsense...back to real life...Mount Laundry is threatening to spew again...


For more Scrolling Saturday fun, go here


***EDIT: Sorry guys...I just realized...duh, the dates have passed...I am guessing that my story was NOT chosen, and I'll just have to try again. Yes, I have always written, but never attempted to get published before. Count this as my first rejection slip. Thanks for asking!***

5 comments:

suchsimplepleasures said...

hey...i just got scrolling saturday up...go sign mr. linky dude!!
xoxo

Let Love Grow said...

Good idea...Thanks for dropping by my blog! Don't think we have met? how did you find me? :-) I like your blog ....will have to explore more later!

Anonymous said...

Ah, you know Mount Laundry too? That guy really seems to get around!

Happy Saturday!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you were a writer! What kind of story did you submit? And I'm confused. Are you waiting to hear or have you already heard?

Tara R. said...

That was back in March.... have you heard back yet? Can we say 'we knew her when.'