Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

They deserve each other



Have you ever noticed that cats KNOW things?




Somehow, they always KNOW who is allergic to them.




They also KNOW who is just NOT a cat-fan.




They KNOW these things, and INTENTIONALLY try to be all lovey to those particular people.




This beautiful tortoiseshell is my husband's cat. HE picked her out. HE brought her home, supposedly as a Christmas present for the children.




However, SHE has decided that she doesn't like him. RATHER, she likes ME.




It should be noted that I do not care for cats. I think they are great to keep around as a deterrent to rodents and to catch and kill cockroaches. I think that cats should be outside animals, and should earn their keep. I happen to think the same for dogs...but I digress...




This cat has decided that it is her mission in life to make me like her. She climbs up and sleeps with ME, on MY side of the bed. She rubs on MY legs all throughout the day. She comes to ME if she is hungry, or lonely, or if the 6-year-old is pestering her.




My husband claims that this is MY cat. I am very adament. She is NOT mine. I don't care what he thinks. I don't care what the danged cat thinks. He deserves her, and she most definitely deserves him.

No comments: