Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #20


Thirteen Things my kids do to avoid getting ready for school



1. Sleep...because everyone knows that 9 hours is not enough sleep.

2. Wander around the house.

3. Play with the cats.

4. Play with the siblings.

5. Pick on the siblings.

6. Say, repeatedly, without looking anywhere, "I don't have anything to wear!"

7. Dig through the laundry that should have been folded and put away the night before.

8. Alternately, dress quickly, slurp down breakfast, and run outside to play catch.

9. Stand in front of the open refrigerator, staring blankly.

10. Stand in front of the open pantrry, staring blankly.

11. Sit at the table, chewing every bite slowly, while reading the back of the cereal boxes.

12. In the last 2 minutes before the bus arrives, rush frantically around the house looking for shoes, papers, backpacks, etc.

13. Hurry BACK in the house, AFTER the bus is already waiting for them, to put away baseball gloves, or find that last thing they HAVE TO take to school today.

I LOVE my kids. They drive me CRAZY! Summer's gonna be a BLAST!!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... my daughter does most of these.

Kristi said...

I thought I was the only one. Why is it that on school days, it takes 40 minutes to eat a few mini pancakes, but on non-school days, the same number can be downed in six minutes flat? I am so ready for vacation.

KC said...

LOL do we have the same children ???
I can't wait for summer either..

Unknown said...

This is a benefit of homeschooling....but regardless only Boo Bear tries to sleep in, the boys are both up by 6 always. I wish they would sleep in some days.
Happy TT, hope you'll visit my 33rd TT...Fragments of Life at The Cafe.

Joyce said...

Thanks for your comment on my TT. :)
Sounds like you're handling it all with a sense of humor. The only advice I give my kids is, "Get it all ready the night before, so you won't need to hunt for it in the morning." A couple are so organized they don't need the reminder. They help ME get more organized!

Toni said...

Nice to see what I have to look forward to! By the way, I like your hair cut...

Toni

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

My daughter is homeschooled and she does the same kinds of things to avoid "starting" her school...funny how kids are, huh? :)

Momisodes said...

Oh man. I'm so embarrassed I'm guilty of half of these and I'm not a kid :/ Mornings kill me!

I can't wait until summer too!

MamaMia said...

I'm the procrastinator in the mornings! I wish the day wouldn't start until at least 9:30! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Forgetfulone said...

Sounds like almost every household in America, I bet. I love the flower in your header. Very pretty.

Dawn said...

Good one! I, as grandma nanny, am not looking forward to school getting out!

Re your last post - the church has a bad habit of shooting the wounded!