Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Life's Curve Balls

Life has a way of throwing us curve balls, doesn't it? Like when I though we were moving to New Orleans...I'd *almost* wrapped my brain around that when those orders got changed and he was "punished" be being sent to Texas...thank you, Lord, for your punishment!

How would you define a curve ball? In baseball, when a pitcher throws a curve ball, it doesn't take the expected route to the batter...instead, that ball curves like it is going somewhere else first, but eventually comes back to do what was intended...and goes across the plate for the batter to swing at it.

In my life, I have seen a good number of curve balls....things I *thought* were going one way, which ended up taking a different route, but accomplished the same intentions, usually causing change in my life or especially spiritual growth.

For myself, I think I get stuck in the day-to-day sameness, and don't recognize when God is trying to work on me. I think that I sometimes make it a necessity for God to throw curve balls at me, so I will actually pay attention to what He's doing.

So, what do YOU do when God throws you a curve ball?

3 comments:

Tim and Susan said...

Thanks fo checking out my blog!! I heard at a "Third Culture Kid" seminar that military families who move a lot often are a lot like missionary kids. God is always throwing me curvy balls...I am sure it is to keep me dependant on Him and having to trust Him.

Anonymous said...

I love your analogy. It puts things into a good perspective.

Dawn said...

"So, what do YOU do when God throws you a curve ball?"

Fully, utterly trust Him. He knows exactly what He is doing. The Bible says lean not unto our own understanding and in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct our paths.

So, that's what we do. :-)

Our flesh may not like it, but if we are children of God, that's how we should handle things.

He created us. He created this whole universe. Even if we don't understand His plans and they may not fit in our 'schedule', He has a good reason for it.

Trust in Him dear one!

Blessings,
Dawn