Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Power Outage, again

We HAD warning this time. It was a scheduled outage to replace a power pole. It was NOT supposed to last this long. Usually, when they do something like this, it takes all of 1/2 hour....not today. The power has been out since about 8:15 this morning...and it's now 1:15ish...

So, Little Bit and I are having a bit of a lazy day. We went to the gym, we went to McDonald's, we played games at home and I read my last library book, which we have now (finally returned to the library--reminding me yet again why I HATE library fines...), and now we're sitting at the computer at the library for a few minutes before getting lunch, and hopefully heading home to get a shower, and do some work...because SURELY the power will be back on by then, right?

1 comment:

My Two Army Brats said...

When we were living in Alaska we had a scheduled power outage that was supposed to last 4 to 8 hours. Well when the phone tree message got sent down by your chain of command to the spouses (our hubbys were in Iraq at the time so they made sure we were aware of things like that) the message got screwed up and the message I got was that we had a scheduled power outage for 48 hours! It was winter....