Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

How DO you do it?

I am trying to figure out how people fit everything into their busy lives. Even my husband. I can't figure out how HE does it, even. I know he's more organized, but he also seems to be less mentally exhausted at the end of the day. Even after spending 8, 9, 10 hours at work, working out, doing Masters' level classes, a Bible study class, and playing raquetball. I honestly don't understand.

I *think* part of it is that we are wired a LOT differently. I know. A "duh" moment. But we operate so differently, one might think we were from different planets....hmmm...think I've heard that somewhere before.

So, he calls this afternoon, because he's emailed me something that he needs to work on tonight. And reminds me that he has a raquetball game planned for tonight.

And I didn't have a chance to tell him that I am going to have to take one child to the emergency room tonight because the clinic can't work her in. I *DID* remind him that Jon and I have our class tonight....but who knows if we'll get to go now.... And all of that is before the juggling act that is getting children home from school in the afternoon. I miss the days when they all came home on the bus, at near the same time.

Oh, and I still have work to do. And I haven't showered yet today. Is that a bad thing?

At least I got the floor swept, the dishwasher run, and two loads run thru the washer....

Do you ever get caught up?!?

2 comments:

MommaSuds said...

Caught up?? Whats that?

Seriously I don't believe I have ever been caught up on anything.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I am always catching up ...especially on housekeeping and reading blogs.
I am glad their is someone else out there like me LOL.