Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Internet Cafe Challenge


It's been a while since I've been over to the Internet Cafe. I LIKED what I saw there today. You ought to go check it out.


So, today's chat was about prayer. Specifically, about Philippians 4:6


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


And the question that was posed really made me think.


WHAT DON'T YOU PRAY FOR, AND WHY?



Hmmm....I pray. A lot. But I'm kind of one-tracked what I pray about. I pray about the things I am worried about. THAT is how I deal with my worries. Because those are the BIG things in my life. Which tells me that I worry a lot. Too much.



That shows me somthing about what I don't pray for. I don't pray about "normal" life. I don't pray about the things that are going well. Oh, don't get me wrong. I thank God when I see something He's done that is "good" in my eyes. But I don't pray about those things that are happening around me daily. Fixing meals, cleaning house, doing laundry, kids getting back and forth to school, husband going to and from work, church, activities, my work, etc., etc.


All of this makes me sad because it shows me what I think about God's involvement in my life.


Do I *really* believe that God WANTS to be involved in my life?


Apparently not. Otherwise I'd share all of the little parts of my life with Him.


Guess there's more work to do on me....what about you? What *don't* you pray about?

No comments: