Sunday, November 30, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
So, we pulled in the driveway, and I looked over at my husband's car, which we left sitting in the driveway while we were gone...something didn't look quite right.... I got out and looked inside to see that EVERYTHING on the inside had been rifled through. The glove box contents were dumped. The coins from the trays had been dumped. The car was unlocked. Oh, Grrrrrr..... Some days I HATE living in Virginia Beach!! This is NOT the first time this has happened. Fortunately this time it doesn't look like anything was stolen. The CDs were still in their place, nothing was disturbed in the trunk. We think they were looking for electronics....and we did not oblige them.
Now I am going to bed. I have church in the morning, and work to do, and laundry and unpacking....oh, and 300-ish pictures to go through and post for everyone to enjoy the lovely Smoky Mountains near Asheville, NC....and all of the family fun we had....
Friday, November 28, 2008
We each have MUCH to be thankful for...
What are you Thankful for today?
I am thankful for a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with my grandmother, who is failing. I am thankful for time with my aunt, uncle, cousin, siblings and their spouses. I am thankful for safety on the roads. I am thankful for too much to eat. I am thankful for a wonderful time with my in-laws, sister-in-law and niece and nephew. I am thankful for a camera crammed with great pictures of extended family...to be posted when we get home.
WHAT are YOU thankful for?
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
2. I am VERY happily married to Jason, for 16+ years now.
3. I am a mother...6 living children, 2 lost.
4. I am a military wife...the lifestyle is NOT what I expected.
5. I am a sister...I have two brothers, one sister, two sisters-in-law, and a fiance-in-law.
6. I am an aunt...I have 2 nephews and 1 niece.
7. I am a Christian...this defines all I do...and hopefully defines how people see me.
8. I am overweight...trying to lose weight.
9. I am addicted to Facebook, blogging and computer games.
10. I love good coffee, chocolate, home cooking, and hot tea.
11. I love fall and winter...because I love Thanksgiving and Christmas.
12. I collect cows...though my collection has slowed down in recent years (I have nowhere to display my lovelies).
13. I LOVE comments...and never get enough...must be addicted to those, too....need to work on those addictions....
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
...that I will be busy with THIS tonight....
Monday, November 17, 2008
I *think* part of it is that we are wired a LOT differently. I know. A "duh" moment. But we operate so differently, one might think we were from different planets....hmmm...think I've heard that somewhere before.
So, he calls this afternoon, because he's emailed me something that he needs to work on tonight. And reminds me that he has a raquetball game planned for tonight.
And I didn't have a chance to tell him that I am going to have to take one child to the emergency room tonight because the clinic can't work her in. I *DID* remind him that Jon and I have our class tonight....but who knows if we'll get to go now.... And all of that is before the juggling act that is getting children home from school in the afternoon. I miss the days when they all came home on the bus, at near the same time.
Oh, and I still have work to do. And I haven't showered yet today. Is that a bad thing?
At least I got the floor swept, the dishwasher run, and two loads run thru the washer....
Do you ever get caught up?!?
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
So this isn't going to be a very coherent post. If I can get through a paragraph on the same thought today, I will have accomplished something. My brain is FRIED. Or maybe just drugged. Haven't figure that out yet.
So, I think I am *almost* recovered from my back sprain and pinched nerve. I feel a LOT better. I am still a little sore at night, but I can make it through the day without pain killers. I am starting to catch back up on my house. You know...doing those things that don't get done while mom is out of action....like the hand-washed dishes, and actually washing laundry, and cleaning the bathrooms. Yeah, my house was really getting ragged.
Today is one of those days when I remember what I disliked about fall/winter in the southeast. It is OVERCAST. That spells depression for those of us with SAD. I've never been diagnosed with SAD, but I have noticed a pattern of worsening depression in the winter months. So, brighter lights and MUCH more use of them is in store for us this winter. THAT is something else I miss about MT...winter sunshine reflecting off the snow. MUCH less SAD for me there.
So, the husband is *almost* finished with his Master's Degree!! YIPPEE!! He will be done in about a month. Just in time to get his books to start on his NEXT Master's....in Theology. Through yet another school....this one is not primarily online, though the whole degree will be compoleted online. THIS degree has a goal in mind....the Navy Chaplaincy.
In the mean time, he has tried to get a part-time job (as if he needed MORE things to fill his time), to fill the difference between what the Navy pays and what we need to live on. I make *some* money, but not enough. ARGH. That is probably the only thing I miss about working at Walmart...I actually brought in a good amount of money. I miss that now. But not the hours. Or the standing on concrete for 8 hours at a time. Or missing being home with my chiildren. Anyway, back to hubby trying to find a part-time job....the places he's tried are not hiring. And they're BIG companies that USUALLY are hiring a LOT of people over the holidays. So, we talked about it. And we came to the conclusion that we are REALLY going to have to learn to trust God right now. What else CAN we do?!?
Alright...so work is calling....must go make some money while I can....if you lasted through this, thank you for listening!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
She also tends to like Heather.
And so, in order to tame the beast....
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
So, I'm taking off early today, hoping to let my back rest and get well, hopefully soon. I am not going to be doing much of anything for the next few days, probably just laying in bed, watching HGTV and TLC, dozing off occasionally, and yelling at the kids from my room. I'll be back on Monday, hopefully feeling a LOT better!!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
1. I was actually having a REALLY good weekend. Jason was home. We were having friends over. My house was (for the most part) clean. I got to go to Ladies' Brew Group. It was all good, Saturday morning.
2. I came home from my brew group to do a couple of last-minute things...make (SWEET!) iced tea, wash the last few dishes, vacuum the rug in the living room.
3. Vacuuming was what did it. SOMETHING in my back decided it didn't like the combination of me and vacuum, and the work we accomplished. I had to stop in the middle, and let my 10-year-old finish.
4. By the time our guests got here (10 minutes later), I could barely move.
5. We had a LOT of fun with our friends....8 kids, 4 adults, hamburgers, and friendship.
6. Oldest daughter had to be at the school by 4:30 pm to head to her last band competition (BTW, YEAH!!! Marching Band is over!!!). Hubby had to take her because I could barely move.
7. Sunday was a little better, after I took a muscle relaxant the night before, but was unable to do a lot.
8. Monday saw steady improvement. Still taking muscle relaxants at night and Ibuprofen during the day.
9. Tuesday, I made the mistake of thinking I could function normally, sans any pharmacopia. Tweaked it again, trying to move laundry from the washer to the dryer. UGH!!
10. Wednesday, sore most of the day...better as the evening wore on, but still sore. Called and made an appointment to see the doctor.
11. Mornings are aweful. Dressing myself is close to impossible. It is rather embarrassing to have to get my daughter to help me put on my socks because I can't bend that far...
12. All of this means that the whole exercise plan is put on hold...can't very well walk my mile per day or work out on the machines. UGH,again.
13. The pain killers are wreaking havoc on my stomach....BLECH. I feel OLD. Hopefully next week I'll have something positive to talk about...I never realized how much my back affected the rest of me. I now have MUCH more sympathy for people with chronic back pain!!
****UPDATE: I officially have sprained my back and have a pinched nerve, aka sciatica. I have MONGO painkillers and muscle relaxants...according to the pharmacy people, I will be "high" for a week or so.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants