Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

But I don't FEEL like deep cleaning...

This last week has been awful. Sick people all over the house, trying to carry on, despite the fact that most of us *should* have been in bed. The stomach yuckies, sinus drainage, nausea, diarrhea...yeah, we've got the whole nine yards. Not going to rant about the inequity of not wanting to infect others, but there not being any grace/mercy/available time to take off from school and/or work. Suffice to say I'm frustrated. AND, I HAVE TO get busy doing some clean-up, so people stop getting sick one of these days soon!

So, today is my birthday, and we're not feeling much like celebrating here...too many sick people....and this is not really a birthday I am much in a mood to celebrate. Feeling just a little old now. Guess I need to change my "About Me" section, since I'm no longer a "thirty-something".... My mom made me cry with the card she sent with some memories of the day I was born. At least I am not feeling as bad as I did the day I turned 30!

Okay, time to go get the rest of the family up and evaluate how many sick people will be staying home today...

3 comments:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

oh gosh, I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better...

On the positive side..Happy Birthday---
I am also near the 40 mark
I can't say I'm excited about getting older, but then I have always wanted to look differently than I do... no matter how good I look... I think I need a therapist! LOL

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better now! I tell you, I hear you. But here's a tip for preventing this in the future - stop your kids from getting you and everyone else sick. There is a new program out called Germy Wormy Germ Awareness for Germ Transportation Vehicles ages 2 - 7. It's a mom-invented, fun, drug-free way to teach them to actually avoid germs in the first place, and also avoid spreading them. Check it out, its priceless.

http://www.germywormy.com

Give kids a PLACE to give their germs to – instead of you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, hun. Hope things get better soon.