Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Stress and Sickness

It seems I will *never* get past this whole everyone is sick and I just can't function stage. Only this time, the person that is sick is ME. HOW doe this happen? Moms are not allowed to be sick. Amazingly, we went through the whole 7 weeks of misery with me only having about 1 day of feeling poorly. Now, I've been slammed. Friday night, Jason and I dropped the eldest off for a showing of Grease at her school (and subsequent sleepover), and we went out for supper. We had a chance to talk and deal with some HUGE stressors in our lives, but when we got back to the house, suddenly I felt like I was body-slammed. EVERYTHING hurt...muscles, joints, head, throat, sinuses....OY! I went to bed early, and slept in late, and called off for my Brew Group on Saturday, and stayed home and did nothing. All day Saturday AND Sunday....which is just fine. I find this morning that I really don't have the energy to do things like go for a walk (my walking buddy is also sick). I just want to sleep...but work beckons.

This week should be interesting...some things to be taken care of this week for the husband's work, and then he's off to SC for the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston, SC...which means he'll be out of town for his birthday...which I guess is fine....since I have no money to surprise him with anything...

Again, work beckons...must go....

2 comments:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

Awww, I will be praying for you~
I wonder if your body took on all the stressors that you talked about -?
Good health to you

Jolyn said...

Just now reading this...wondering if your body associates your home with the stressors? May not be possible to get a real break ... Do you have a place of sanctuary anywhere in your home? Anywhere, even if it's just a corner, where you can get a moment to yourself?
Take care of yourself, and I hope you are feeling better by now.