Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

In Review

Ten years ago today I was a week away from delivering my 4th child. My grandfather had just died 2 weeks prior, and I was not speaking to my parents. We were living in South Carolina, in a house we couldn't afford, and running feverishly hither and yon in an attempt to stay afloat. Our first three children were ages 2, 4, and 6 at that point, and the eldest was in Kindergarten.

*That kindergartener is now in 10th grade.

*We sold the house as it was going into foreclosure.

*We are speaking to my family again.

*We have lived in 3 states since then.

*God has restored our marriage TWICE in the last 10 years.

*My husband is now in the Navy, and financially we are in a MUCH better place than we were 10 years ago.

*God has given us two more children, in addition to the one I was waiting to deliver 10 years ago today for our current total of six children.

*I am no longer part of the rat race, being able to work from home, and be here for my children.

There's a lot more "between the lines" stuff that has happened...much of which you can read about in my Archives. But thinking over these last ten years reminded me Who is in charge of it all, and Who is responsible for bringing us through those peaks and valleys that made up our past ten years.

Psalm 31:15 "My times are in your hands."

Psalm 62:8 "Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah"

2 Corinthians 9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."

For all the things we have been through, even those that we didn't understand and questioned God about, He has a plan. He is working it out in our lives, and it is exciting to look ahead and see what He has in store for us in the next 10 years...we have only small pieces of that puzzle now, but it is exciting to anticipate what He has in store for us!!

1 comment:

Tara Anderson said...

Praise be to God!!! Your family has truly been blessed! :) Happy New Year!!!