Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

There is so much to say...

My brain is overloaded. There is too much going on.

1. We're moving...just across town, but it involves boxes and moving trucks and chaos. Blech.

2. I'm going back to school. Remember my New Year's Resolutions? Getting started is HARD. Jus' sayin'....

3. Frances still has no answers. Which means more doctors' appointments. And Physical Therapy. And testing.

4. Jason has training. In Dallas. For a week. (I know, I know...it's not a deployment...a week is NOTHING...blah, blah, blah. He's been home now for 9.75 of his 10 years in. I'm not used to him being gone...please bear with me.)

5. About that...no, he's not going to the sandbox. Still waiting to hear where...but not over there. This time.

6. Family reunion. Not here. Right in the middle of it all. Sigh.

About #1...we're moving into a house that we hope, eventually, to buy. Financing couldn't be easy, could it? Seriously, with the housing market, economy, etc., in the shape they are in, you'd think it would be easier to get financing than to, say, find a needle in a haystack. But no. Not for us. Sigh.

#2. School. After 20-ish years out of school, I am TERRIFIED. There is SO MUCH to do. And I am not sure I am up to this. Ugh. GRE, FAFSA, VONAPP, GI bill, portfolios, resumes....when did it all get so complicated?!? This is NOT what I remember.

#3. Frances has another Nerve Conduction study coming up. And another followup with neurologist #2. Last followup was...ummm...a bit anticlimactic. Nothing found by any tests means that nothing structural has been found, which, according to above neurologist, means that there is no explanation for her numbness. He DID give her two prescriptions...one specifically for her migraines, and the second for prevention of migraines and possible treatment of the as-yet-undiagnosed nerve problems. But supposedly there is no reason to image her head. HELLO. Center of the nervous system. From which said rebellious nerves originate. Seems simple enough to me..... Oh, and the letter from the Psychologist? Neurologist #2 thought *I* had generated it. Thank you for that vote of confidence, doc....and for the honorary doctorate!

4. Jason, training...'nuff said.

5. Awaiting orders. I HATE waiting.

6. Family reunion...should be fun...if only it weren't right in the middle of things...

Thank you for hanging in there with me. Someday...well, I'd like to have enough time (and energy) to actually blog again. We'll see what the next few years hold...

1 comment:

Tara Anderson said...

So many things to keep you busy...but most of them are pretty exciting! And for the ones that aren't, we can be thankful that God has those all under control! I do wish you were coming out to Dallas with Jason for training, though...we're going to miss you!!!