Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Moving right along here

I am *almost* through my first week as a grad student.

I survived orientation. I was overwhelmed. And confused.

I survived my first class. I was overwhelmed. And confused.

Yes, the story continues through my whole first week. My only hope is that it will all start to make sense to me before too long. The pieces ARE starting to come together. I really am starting to wish I weren't working still, AND trying to keep up with school. Because my full-time load? There's more to it than that. There are two not-for-credit classes that I have to take, too. I started one of them tonight...the library class should be easy enough. The writing class is the one that has me concerned.

And I am finding that I am at quite a disadvantage when it comes to technology. Who'd have thought it? Me...the one who is ALWAYS on the computer, getting lost when it comes to Blackboard, Outlook, and all of the other various websites and programs I have to learn. Ugh. My head is swimmy.

Oh, and my first assignment for my first class involved being in front of a camera. Sigh. I'd MUCH rather be BEHIND said camera. This, too shall pass, right? They say it is for our own good. I'm sure it is. But that does not make it any easier for me.

And now, I have to get back to work...billing time is upon me, and I have to get some sleep because I have my last class for the week at 9:00 in the morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"hi" ;) your life makes me more tired then I already am ;) Hang in there...Dorothy M

Tara Anderson said...

Transitions and learning new things are ALWAYS overwhelming! But, I know for a fact that through the stretching we are growing...and God is shaping and pruning us for HIS glory! Just hang in there, girl...you're on an awesome God journey!!!

singingmomof6 said...

Hi, Laura.

I'm reading your experience with great interest, because I've recently thought about going back to school and getting my Master degree in psychology (MFCC, to be exact). I plan to possibly start classes in Fall of 2011 or 2012, depending on other details like finances.

I wish you the very best, Laura!