Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

A new era...

This morning I had a telephone interview with the Admissions Guy at The School. I thought it went really well. He couldn't tell me anything about whether or not I was officially a student, but only that he had to talk to The Committee, and that he'd call me back. Oh, and that Orientation is tomorrow. EEK!!!

So I had to wait. And work my little fingers off, just in case. Because I still have to get my work done.

And the butterflies set in. And I started to second-guess myself.

Except that I was reminded again on Sunday why I am doing this. Our pastor spoke about the giftings that God gives us (you can go watch the sermon here...it is called "Designed With Heart"), and the passions He gives us, and how when those two things fit together, we KNOW which way we are supposed to be heading. And THIS PROGRAM fits that passion. Which means going back to school. Full time. After 20 years. I think I have fallen off my rocker. Maybe. This is not going to be easy....

So, I am working, and butterflying, and fixing meals for kids, and delivering meals to kids, and waiting for the phone to ring, and working some more, and doing laundry, and babysitting...it was a busy day.

And finally, at 4:16 p.m., I got the phone call. I am officially a graduate student in the University School of Counseling. Nervous, scared out of my mind, and slightly insane about cover where I am right now. And everyone has been SO encouraging, but I am still scared, so please keep up the encouragement all the way through the next 2 1/2 years...because I am going to need it.

Now, off to make sure I have something to wear to Grad School Orientation.... what DOES one wear to Orientation as a grad student?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura!

Just wanted to say that I think what you are doing is great. You can do all things through him who strengthens you!! -Janeen Seigler

Tara Anderson said...

Good luck with everything! What a BIG day!!! I think you will love Regent, though...I know I did! :)