Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Glasses all around

Yesterday we were finally able to go pick up the last of the glasses and contacts, which we had been waiting for. Ahhhh...relief. We were SORELY in need of new glasses. Heather had broken hers at the end of the school year, in June, and hadn't been able to see since. Jon's were being held together with tape. Justin was missing a nose-piece, and his glasses were rubbing his poor little nose raw. Frances was wearing contacts that were OLD and needed to be thrown away. Leah needed her new reading glasses for school. And mine...well, my old glasses were OLD...over 6 years old, and so scratched I could barely see through them. It was time.

Now, we can all see....I feel a song coming on again...it has been heard repeatedly in our house this week....

"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way..."

No comments: