Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

He's still workin' on me....

God has reminded me several times in the last couple of weeks that I have not yet arrived.  I am not who He wants me to be...by far.  I have things that need work.  Some very big things. 

It is easy for me to sit here and compare myself to others, and think that I have it together.  After all....well, we all do it.

"I'm not so bad...after all, I don't do...."

Ha!  From the outside, I *may* look like a "goody two-shoes".  Those that really know me, know that I DO have struggles, and I am far from perfect.  I yell at my kids.  I get frustrated and angry with things that I should just let slide.  I speak my mind...lose my mind...give people a piece of my mind.

My mind is a HUGE part of my struggle.  And my tongue.  Pride.  Ugh.  That one gets me every time.

God gifted me with the ability to do a lot of different things.  I am so very thankful for that.  I have to keep reminding myself that HE is the One who gave those gifts...I had nothing to do with them, and CAN NOT take credit for them now. 

As I was sitting here contemplating, I was reminded again of a song we used to sing when I was growing up...think I'll pull it out, dust it off, and take it with me for the rest of my day...

No comments: