Pages

Friday, November 20, 2015

Retreating

I have determined that this weekend I am going to retreat.










The dictionary defines the word retreat as:


1.
the forced or strategic withdrawal of an army or an armed
force before an enemy, or the withdrawing of a naval force from action.
2.
the act of withdrawing, as into safety or privacy; retirement; seclusion.
3.
a place of refuge, seclusion, or privacy:
The library was his retreat.
4.
an asylum, as for the insane.
5.
a retirement or a period of retirement for religious exercises and meditation.

Right now, I am withdrawing for a time from engaging in public interaction.
I am finding my place of retreat.
I am going to retire to my place of retreat, and I am going to engage in a different type of engagement.  
I need to spend time with my family.
I need to spend time with my Lord.
I need to *not* be concerned with engaging the "enemy".

So, if you need me, I'll be drinking a cup of tea in the blanket fort, coloring and singing with my children.  

No comments: