Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #14


Thirteen Things about living in military housing



1. Living in military housing is a money-saver for most housing areas.

2. We are surrounded by other military families with similar life experiences.

3. My children have a lot of friends who are military kids.

4. We never have to worry about paying the rent...it comes right out of the paycheck.

5. My neighbors are quick to make friends, because they know what it's like to move and not have many friends.

6. We're supportive of each other during multiple deployments and moves.

7. Just when you make new friends, they all move.

8. We have a safe place to vent a little about military life (without getting the stupid comments from less understanding civilians).

9. There is almost always something available at the next duty station.

10. There are NO convicted sex offenders living in military housing.

11. Where we are now, the electricity, gas and water are included in the rent.

12. The housing managers are very particular about what is allowed in the yards.

13. There is very little likelyhood that we will be evicted for no reason.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



15 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet it's comforting living there when your husband is on a tour. A safe haven for you and your family. Happy T13!

anthonynorth said...

I spent the first 7 years of my marriage in military housing in the British forces - quite an experience :-)

Unknown said...

Very interesting. We have friends who live the military life..I appreciate learning some of these things..

Mines up too!

Anonymous said...

Interesting list. It must be a whole different life then most of us have.

Anonymous said...

My cousin lived on base housing and they loved it too! Great list!

Jenny said...

I found this list very interesting! I really don't know much about the military or its housing, so I'm always interested if people want to share. Two of my friends just joined the military and I'm thankful for everyone involved. Thanks!

Happy TT!

The Gal Herself said...

Thanks for the unique peak into a life I have never experienced. And thanks for visiting my TT.

Unknown said...

It is a comfort to know you have this benefit.
Nice topic for the TT too.
FYI - Magnificent Mamas is going to return soon. :)

Chelle Y. said...

I have have many friends who had husbands in the military. It does have it's advantages, but also it's disadvantages too. They have all moved away. :(

One has even had her husband just deployed to Iraq, and she is having a hard time. He'll be home in ten months.

j said...

Cool Thursday 13 and thank you for your service.

Jennifer

Jennifer P. said...

That sounds pretty ideal if you ask me--though I bet all the time away from your husband can get a little trying at times. I think military wives are made of the strongest stock out there!

Di said...

It must be great to have an "insta-support" group. I know it's hard when you move around a lot if you move into a tight-knit neighborhood. I don't think people exclude new people on purpose...they are just lazy and tend to go with the status quo.

SandyCarlson said...

There are many perks! I guess it frees you from the ups and downs of the real estate market, which is great, too! God bless.

Unknown said...

Wonderful list. My husband has been in Iraq since 2005; he's a civilian now but I miss the support system we had when he was in.

Melanie said...

I would imagine that the support system yuou get from the others in the military housing is wonderful.
Our Happy Happenings