2. Transportation offices that are opened at 5:00 in the morning do not necessarily answer the phones on the first day of school.
3. A trip across town to the high school that normally takes over an hour in rush hour traffic CAN take significantly less time, when pushed....
4. Pushing that drive is worth it to make it back in time to put the rest of the kids on their buses.
5. When all 5 school-aged children come home with paperwork, you WILL develop writer's cramp.
6. When signing paperwork, something WILL be missed.
7. There will ALWAYS be something that was missed on the back-to-school shopping list.
8. There will need to be multiple checks written...for varying amounts of money...PE gear, band fees, PTA....
9. Every school needs volunteers...but none allow parents to bring younger siblings along.
10. Younger siblings get VERY bored when their entertainment committee leaves to go back to school.
11. Even the cats get bored when the other kids go back to school.
12. My grocery budget goes WAY down now that my kids have gone back to school.
13. Everyone in my home (except the 4-year-old) is happy that school is back in session.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants