2. The HOT bedroom will wake up the HOT husband (thankfully, so we could set the alarm on the cell phones!)
3. The power outage will prompt me to find all of the candles.
4. And remember where the flashlights are stored.
5. And where all of the matches are...
6. And since all of the power in the neighborhood is out, EVERYONE will be getting up late...
7. The house sure smells nice from all of the candles.
8. My son got creative on ideas for making coffee for me...suggesting plugging in the coffee pot to the converter in the car!
9. I nixed that idea and went down to the Wawa to get some coffee...
10. I learned that since we live in government housing, and don't pay for our own electricity, apparently we have no rights to learn what is going on with the power outage, and no rights to report said outages (the &%$#@% power company has an automated line that you have to put in an account number, or recognized phone number or SS# to report or find out anything).
11. When the power IS actually turned back on, nothing in the house worked, because all of the breakers were popped.
12. I learned that my children CAN get ready in about half of the usual time...without the distractions of the radio, TV or video games....
13. It was nice sitting at the table with my children, eating breakfast by candlelight...realizing that we need to go over some history...my daughter said she felt like a refuge in WWII, sitting in candlelight...ummmm....yeah...history review time!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants