Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The end of the school year

I am SO excited! I LOVE having my kids home for the summer! I get more sleep. The house gets CLEANED. The kids get more sleep. I GET MORE SLEEP. Again, VERY excited.

I actually LOVE spending time with my kids. They challenge me. They stretch me. They give the best hugs!

I am also really looking forward to some really focused teaching time with them this summer. We have been reminded again how opposite the curriculum in the public schools is to what we believe. And we are finding that our children are in need of some focused study into what God's Word teaches regarding truth, Creation, environmentalism, friendships, and respect for others. So, I have my work cut out for me.

Meanwhile, there are only 5 more days until they are FINISHED. One full day of school for the high-schooler, and then exams. End of the year celebrations, gathering of the left-overs of the school year, saying goodbye to friends, and making big plans for the summer. And most of my children are sad to see the school year come to an end. They LOVE school.

And our summer plans include sleeping in, trips to the beach, lots of time with friends, some lessons at home, a possible move (across town), a visit with extended family, and lots of fun. And maybe I'll get to hang out on the beach with my drink in hand, relaxing. Then again, maybe not...NOT my scene...

No comments: