Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Accomplished

This weekend was a BUSY one. 

Jon had his first concert with the Virginia Arts Festival Rhythm Project All Stars (Steel Drum Band).
I had to grocery shop.
And lawn mower shop.
And clothes shop.
Which meant a trip to Walmart.
On Saturday morning. 

Yeah, I thought it was going to be crazy.  It wasn't.  I took Jon with me (after all, the clothes shopping was for slacks for him, for the concert that evening).  We used and filled two carts, NOT including the lawn mower.  Ah, what a beautiful feeling to have FOOD in the house again.  I'd forgotten about that thing that goes with having kids home for the summer....3 teens, 1 tween, and 2 elementary girlies...myself, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 leopard gecko, and 2 water frogs (we're caring for the classroom pets for the summer).  Sheesh.  They all eat...ALL.THE.TIME. 

Anyway...back on track here.  Jon got the lawnmower put together, and mowed Sunday afternoon. 
His concert went really well.  GREAT group of kids.  They had their first gig today.  He should be home soon so I can find out how it went. 

Today we are working on finishing house cleaning/prep for R&R (translated: Mom is packing to run away for 2 days before she totally loses-it!).  Also Jon's concert/gig, Frances went out for FroYo, and now has a band sectional.  I spent quite a chunk of time this morning inputting dates on my calendar.  *sigh*  I am TRYING to not get overwhelmed.  I also went to the post-office-kind-of-place to mail some long-overdue stuff.  Yipes. 

Onward...last minute prep for R&R must be accomplished in the next 24 hours....

No comments: