Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Help me, PLEASE?!?

I have a hard time asking for help.

I would venture to say that it is PAINFUL to admit that I can't handle things, and need someone else to help me.

I have these ideas in my head that the act of admitting my need means that I am not doing what I am supposed to do.  There is this voice that says that a good mom should be able to take whatever amount of activities her children need to her to be available for.  There is the squawking voice that tells me I'm not fulfilling what my husband needs if I for some reason or another am not able to keep a perfect house, attend to my childrens' every need, attend to my husband's every need, have a fulfilling career, have my yard in perfect order, and my house immaculate, and my clothing of the highest fashion, and exercise every day, and have the perfect body, and have hair that behaves itself even on high-humidity days.

Frankly, I KNOW these voices are the voices of the crazy...and I will be joining in the crazy if I even attempt to do it all.

I cannot do it all.

I am only one person.

One person with six children, a husband, a dog, a baby-stepping career, a house that needs to be prepped to be sold, a yard that needs to be mowed and trimmed, and trees that need attention, a body that is in DIRE need of a haircut, and to work out, two cars that need to be washed, a motorcycle that needs to be started, papers that need to be sorted, and put away and shredded, and junk that needs to be sold, or donated, or junked.

In other words, I NEED HELP.

So, if you are in the area, and have some free time, and endless energy, I would WELCOME your company.

I might even be able to supply the coffee.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

We should start a Mommy Club where we all help each other. I hate doing some of those tasks alone. You help me put clothes on hangers and I'll help you wash cars and vacuum them out!

Beth said...

I felt this way today. I was so productive and a little overwhelmed all at the same time. I think I like the chaos, but crave some quiet too!