Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Don't take yourself too seriously!

I have a wonderful friend in Texas who has passed along this GREAT piece of advice...one that she received from her mother. At certain points in the month, when one's hormones are interfering with one's ability to think or talk rationally....DON'T TAKE YOURSELF TOO SERIOUSLY.

So....

I'm trying.

But those not-so-rational thoughts keep getting in the way.

...and I'm spending a TON of time playing taxi driver...

Because football try-outs? They're ALL WEEK LONG.

And band reheasals? Until 8:00 PM...

...only one week left...

...this too shall pass...

...I survived childbirth, times six....I'll survive this, too.

So, I get up in the morning, and think I look like crap.
Then I look in the mirror and confirm it...my hair is all whacked out, and my zits seem to think I'm a teenager again, and I'm bloated.....
...and to top it all off...

....

....

....I had to brave the MIDDLE SCHOOL again today. Anyone else have to take their children to visit their middle school, and come away from there feeling as if you're 12 years old and a misfit once again?!? Is this just me and my insecurities? I'm walking through there, looking at these TEACHERS who are young enough to be my children (okay, so I'd have been a child with a child...but that's not news any more....), and I just want the floor to open up and swallow me, please!! Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Now, I'm off to do those things I never even dreamed of doing when I WAS 12....WORK, laundry, getting supper on the table, and spending time with my beautiful family (who do NOT think I'm a freak...at least not yet!)....

3 comments:

ohhollyf said...

Um yeah the principal AND vice principal at the school my son gets speech at look like they belong in maganizes. Everything perfectly put in place......while i and my baby are covered in puke, and my 6yr.old wants Luke Skywalker hair so....well that's a whole nother topic, just to say i stay in the car !

Gina said...

OOH, I hated middle school- both times. For my self and for my son. Yeah, he's not going back this year....
Thank you for coming over for my day in the sun.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Yep - totally understand. And my daughter is going to the same high school I did, so it's REALLY weird going back in there with her!