Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages.)
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.
My nearest book is "Revolution in World Missions" by K.P. Yohannan.
Page 123, sentances 5-7.....
"But now they were even worse off--they were presented a completely wrong picture of what it means and what it takes to follow Christ. Could that be what we fear in North America: no gyms--no softball teams--no converts? The lesson from the mission field is that meeting physical needs alone does not get people to follow God."
The Mocha Mom
Heth from Under the Laundry Pile
Driving with the Brakes on
Don't make me get the flying monkeys!
South Carolina Mom
Blogging With Purpose AwardRules:
1. Awarded parties must nominate five people who have not received the award.
2. The blogs that receive the award must serve some purpose.
3. In their post about the award they need to link back to this entry.
4. Awarded parties must post the award banner on their site. The banner must remain linked to the above linked site.
...."And Miles To Go Before We Sleep"...
To Know Him
The Preacher's Wife
Here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules before you give your answers.
2. List one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name).
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged and that they need to read your blog for details).
(THANK YOU, Mama and Daddy for my very short middle name!!)
- L-Lazy...I am really a very lazy person.
- E-eat...to my detriment, I really, really like to eat.
- E-exercise is what I need to do more of, BECAUSE I like to eat!
I now tag:
- Daisy at Lazy Daisy Log
- EVERYONE!! (Do you know how hard it is to find blogs/bloggers that begin with the letter E?!?....especially when one has been on one's computer all FREAKING DAY LONG, and is tired, and just wants to go to bed!)
First, the rules, which are important, because they also tag — randomly — six more people to join in the fun:
- Link to the person that tagged you
- Post the rules on your blog
- Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
- Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
- Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website
My six things/habits/quirks:
- I wear socks to bed, every night, winter or summer, because me feet get cold.
- I got my ears pierced, for the first time, when I was 22 years old.
- Riding in any car with my husband driving makes me feel like we are going to rear-end every car that dares venture in front of us.
- I LOVE to watch HGTV, every chance I get....every time hubby is out of town!
- I collect books...piles and piles of books. More books than all my bookshelves will hold. I'm pretty sure that most of the weight of our many moves is made up of the boxes and boxes of books I own.
- My favorite purchase this year is my SHREDDER!! No more fodder for those identity thieves!
More people who are now IT:
- Such Simple Pleasures
- Cafe at the End of the Universe
- My Little Drummer Boys
- Wendy at The Adventures of MomLady
- Our Seven QTpies
- Beth at The Young Family
FINALLY, DONE...after working on this, off and on, for HOURS. Time for BED...I'll be contacting people tomorrow....