Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Scrolling Saturday, Edition 6




From one of my other blogs, from April 20, 2005...This was when I was working overnights at Walmart, and was still homeschooling my children...I was a little bit insane.




It's cold here today...okay, so cold is a relative term...it's been cooler today than it was for the last week, or so...right now it is 40F. We even had a chance of snow. It only rained, and was overcast all day. I thought that was something I left behind when we left south Texas.

It was a GOOD day. Got up, got tea, breakfast, and got all the laundry folded and put away, plus washed the rest of what was dirty. The whole house was picked up(gotta vacuum sometime tomorrow!!), the 3 year old decided that she WANTED to go in the potty...what an amazing development...I was beginning to think she'd be taking diapers to college with her! Got the 3 oldest doing school work...you know, the thing that amazes me the most is that they have initiated having the oldest teach the other 2 piano lessons. I am almost beyond speechless. THIS IS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK! I LOVE HOMESCHOOLING!!!!

Stacy came over today with the 5 monsters...her 2 and the 3 that she babysits. Had to "tomato-stake" the Dillon-Monster. He just doesn't listen to Stacy any more...but then neither do her older 2 children.... We had a really good visit...since Dillon was sitting with us in the kitchen, he didn't get into anything, and the others played together really well. We also went over the second chapter of the book study we are doing...The Excellent Wife. I hope it is helping her some.

Got an email from Liz today...she said that Cynthia (from the Women's Retreat) donated a book for me to be able to do the Bible study that is starting tomorrow. Checked my schedule...I think I can do it...something else to fit in, but it should work...especially since we are so close to the end of the school year for the kids. Also have a WIC appointment tomorrow afternoon, and I need to get a nap before I have to go to work tomorrow night.

I called the Doctor yesterday, to ask him to go ahead with the referral on the 7 year old's scar tissue on her chest. Hoping to hear back from him soon. I'm a little nervous about it, but don't want her to have to deal with scars, especially during her teen years, if she doesn't have to. Hopefully we can get Tricare to pay!!!

Lance came by tonight, with M...the lady whose family he is staying with. I think they are good for him...hubby still thinks that he needs to end up in jail, so he'll get a clue. At least he is TRYING again, instead of giving up/wanting to commit suicide. Most of the time when he says stuff, I wonder why he needs so much attention? I don't understand how all of his labels interact with each other. I feel for his parents, but I DO think that he feeds off of their anger/anxiety/frustration. More stuff to pray about!!!

Still trying to decide who to invite with me to the Women of Faith conference next month in Billings. I don't think that Stacy needs to go right now...she needs more to work on her relationship with her hubby...but I don't want to hurt her if I don't invite her. Am leaning toward asking Kaci...I know that don't have a lot of money right now, and I think it would probably be nice for her. Also had a couple of others on the list, but don't think that they would be able to get away right now. Still thinking/praying about it.

Had a GREAT study with Delma tonight. I LOVE doing the study with her...she's SO down-to-earth. I come away with all kinds of practical applications to use...how to love my hubby, how to help my kids feel special. Really starting to feel at home with her.

Alright, going to have to quit for now...it's 1:15am, and I probably ought to go to sleep, since I'm going to that study tomorrow...even if I AM working tomorrow night!

LATER...

I signed off, and went to fold Stacy's towels (she brings laundry over, cause they don't have a washer), and I realized that I never wrote anything about actually BEING NICER to my kids. Oh, dear. Also realized that I had a story to tell.....

So, the study tonight with Delma was the second installment of the section on loving my children. Made me really wonder how my kids view me. I scream at them, I hound them, I discipline them...how often am I *really* nice to them? Do they see ME as a mean mom, the way I often viewed my own mom? I HOPE NOT! I don't want to be just a functional mom...cleaning, cooking, washing clothes, insisting on baths and clean clothes, but not filling their emotional and spiritual needs.

Going to try doing some new things with them. I ordered Keys for Kids online, again today. I don't know what happened last time, but I never got the book. This time I got 2 emails, confirming my order. Hopefully it works! Wanna start doing devotionals with them each morning...also praying with them, and for them.

Also want to start having Special "K" nights....special kid...one per week, or one every couple of weeks...have a special plate, a LITTLE gift, make it special. Definitely going to start with the oldest...she really gets a LOT of responsibility put on her, and I want her to know how much I appreciate what she does.

Can't think of anything else to do with them right now...Elizabeth George's suggestion was to work on ways to make the mundane special. A little harder to do with 6 kids than it would have been when we only had 2...but definitely something I need to work on!

Alright, a story...

Got back from Delma's sometime around 8:15pm...watched a little of Nashville Star, then went in to say goodnight to the girls (the boys were already sleeping). Walked into the girls' room and smelled nail polish. hmmmmm....why do I smell nail polish? (the light is off) The oldest answers..."oh, L-(3yrold) got into my nail polish, and painted her toes on the bottom bunk." So, the light goes on....so mom can see what the damage is...and I inspect the offending toes. She REALLY painted her toes...not just the toe nails, but the whole toes, on both feet...BRIGHT RED. Got a little on the bedspread...not too bad. You have to understand that last time she got into the nail polish (dark purple), she painted her chest, her legs, her hands, her arms, and 2 or 3 spots on the floor....She's DEFINITELY improving!!! and someday this will be hilarious!!!

Going to bed now!


And if you made it all the way through that, I'm impressed! If you'd like to go see more Scrolling Saturday, go here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The nail polish part was hilarious, although, I must admit, I don't want to laugh too much...you know, karma an' all.

Thanks for visiting, it was nice to see a new face :o) Where were you in MT?

Laura Paxton said...

We were in MT from August 1, 2003 to November 16, 2007...and lived in or about Helena.

Laura said...

So glad you re-posted this...thanks!

Forgetfulone said...

I love the idea of special K nights!