Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Life goes on....

...even when I miss a day of posting, and can't keep up with my house. Here, in the midst of things, I am adjusting my thinking.

I have the amazing ability to be overwhelmed with the smallest of things, and my life is not filled with just small things. Every day is crazy, and I still haven't succeeded in paring things down to a more manageable level. We HAVE cut out a few things, and it helps....but the biggest help so far has been changing my perspective...and talking it all out with my husband.

I am learning contentment with my life in this stage...because it WILL pass quickly. I am remembering that my life can (and has been) MUCH worse, and I am very grateful for every thing we have the opportunity to be involved in.

I am grateful that my kids have the opportunity to do baseball/softball...the fact that they can means that we had the money to pay for it all.

I am grateful for our church, and all the opportunities to be involved...for the Men's Brew Group, because that means that my husband has guys he can talk to and be accountable to. And, for the Women's Brew Group, because they're an awesome bunch of ladies who are encouraging and supportive, and I am making some amazing friends. And, for the Children's Ministry...because this is something I am proud my kids can be part of....

I am grateful for my house...that we're in military housing, because that means that I don't ever have to worry about us getting evicted over not paying the rent....or getting the electricity turned off...or the garbage not being picked up...or the repairs not being made.....

I am grateful for the vehicles we have....which are steadily getting paid off...relatively painlessly!

I am grateful for my hardworking husband, and all of my wonderful children.

And THAT is my perspective for today....now, I have to go work!!

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Every time you mention Brew Group, I think of beer, LOL! I know it isn't about beer, but it runs through my head every time!

Thanks for the comment in the feminine issues. I don't drink milk at all, ever, so I wonder what I could do to lessen PMS. The rest of it isn't bad at all, but I do get mean when the kids don't do their chores. Which is constantly.

Wendy said...

I'm so relating to what you've said here, Laura! Since Sarah was born...shoot, since I found out I was pregnant with her, so many little things suddenly seemed overwhelming. Little by little, praise God, it's getting better. Remembering that all this will pass, and how faithful God is, definitely helps. Hearing from another mom that's keeping it in perspective is always good, too. ;)