I'm a Lotus Elise!
You believe in maximum performance and minimum baggage. You like to travel light and fast, hit the corners hard, and dance like there's no tomorrow.
"Take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.
1. Sweet Ice Tea
4. Green grass and trees
5. Restaurants (Chick-fil-A, Fuddruckers, BoJangles, etc.)
6. Proximity to "home"
7. People who understand my use of "ya'll"
8. People who know how to spell "ya'll"
9. People who know how to make sweet tea.
10. Churches on every corner
11. My skin loves the humidity
12. People who understand HOSPITALITY
13. People who practice HOSPITATILITY
missed the South East, and am very glad to be back here!!
I have approximately 18 days (more or less) until I reach the 100 mark, so I need to have an answer to this very pressing question this week. PLEASE let me know what you think? I will post the consensus next Monday, and we'll go from there....
THANKS for your help!!
I am having issues getting to the T-13 website this morning...don't know what is going on, but I don't like it. So, pulled an old header, and doing what I can....
In "honor" of what is happening in Berkley, CA, I have done a little research, and have come up with places those "honorable citizens" can go, since they obviously dislike our country so much. (All said very much tongue in cheek.)
If the "honorable citizens" who seem so bent on protest could start protesting some of the conditions in the above-mentioned countries, perhaps some good would come out of their passion.
That's half of the family, right there....the helpful thing is that hubby almost NEVER catches anything...which is aggravating if you happen to be like me, and catch things, a LOT, and also aggravating if/when he finally succombs to the "Man Cold"....it's aweful....it's amazing....it's just plain FUNNY!
2. Little people hugs and kisses...my kids can make my day by volunteering a hug or kiss....
3. The smell of my husband's cologne! YUM!
4. Chocolate...DARK, DARK chocolate. Sweet, or semi-sweet, chocolate bars or chocolate kisses, or drinking chocolate....I'll take it how I can get it.....
5. Music....Classical music, Big band, 60's rock, Southern Gospel, Contemporary Christian, choral, band, blues, jazz, country, pop (a little)......I love music......
6. Books. I love me a good book. Growing up, I read everything I could get my hands on....cereal boxes, dictionaries, encyclopedia, and every single piece of literature my mother had on her expansive bookshelves. Now, my bookshelves groan under the weight of my book collection....and I just added some more!! The newest additions: Inside the Kingdom, by Carmen bin Ladin; Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge; Woman First, Family Always, by Kathryn Sansone....and another one I got for my husband....but I want to read it, too, and now I can't find it.....
7. Flowers! Hubby brought me home roses last night! Beautiful white roses! They're SO pretty!
8. My husband. After 15+ years, I love him WAY more than I did when we got married. Amazing how you never can imagine that at the wedding!
9. The kids...each one in their own different way. They're fun, and challenging, and I would do anything for them.
10. Animals. I love having animals around me. I grew up on a farm, and our lives revolved around animal care...feeding them, picking up the eggs, getting the horses in, untangling the dog's chain, making sure the cat wasn't trapped in the basement, again, keeping the cows out of the wrong pastures..... Animals can give you a purpose for going on when there's not much left to motivate you, and can be so trusting and loving, and won't talk behind your back! My favorite animals are dogs and horses...and I collect cow things.
11. Friends...all kinds of friends. Military friends, neighborhood friends, church friends, old friends, work friends, internet friends....I just have problems keeping up with all of them....
12. February....my favorite month of the year. My birthday month. My birthstone is my favorite color.
13. Jesus....I know I'm gonna sound cheesy here.....please bear with me. My relationship with Jesus is the most important thing in my life. He has brought me through so much, giving me a future and hope, and it amazes me that He still loves me!
All you have to do is post about the give-away on your blog, and then comment on their devotional blog up to once a day, Feb. 1st-Feb. 29th....devotions AND a give-away...doesn't get much better than that!
1. Papers…mail, school papers, work papers…they grow during the night. I am convinced of it.
2. Laundry…the clean kind. I rarely have trouble with the dirty laundry, but the clean stuff just won’t go away.
3. Toys…with 6 kids in the house, the toys are everywhere. And, even though we’ve instituted rules to govern where the toys are kept, the still creep into every corner of the house.
4. Dishes. Again with the rules…there are NOT supposed to be ANY dishes upstairs, because there is not supposed to be any food upstairs. How come I keep finding things up there?!? And with 8 of us trying to keep eating, the dishes generated are overwhelming.
5. Trash. How people get away with little bags of trash is astounding to me. I know we could do better, but I feel crippled…the recycle bin for our place was gone when we got here…HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RECYCLE?!? (and no notes about going and finding a place to take the stuff…I am still trying to find my way around to the necessary places…schools, grocery stores, Wal*mart…I don’t have any brainpower left right now to try to find the recycle place!).
6. Movies. We don’t get out much, which necessitates LOTS of movies…and, apparently, we’ve bought a lot of movies that we’ve never watched…
7. Wal*mart bags…shopping bags…again, this is a new area, and I haven’t yet found a place to recycle them, so they keep building up under my sink.
8. Books…I LOVE books. I have quite a collection that just seems to keep growing.
9. Pictures…family pictures, school pictures, decorative pictures…I am running out of space to hang them all.
10. Boxes. We just moved, and those boxes just won’t go away.
11. Shoes…8 people in the house, each with at least 2 pairs of shoes equals a LOT of shoes, snow boots, sandals, slippers….
12. Socks…somehow they never get matched and put back into circulation….
13. Children…yes, the children would LOVE to take over…it’s a daily battle.
For more Thursday Thirteen, go here.
I now tag:
First, the rules, which are important, because they also tag — randomly — six more people to join in the fun:
My six things/habits/quirks:
More people who are now IT:
FINALLY, DONE...after working on this, off and on, for HOURS. Time for BED...I'll be contacting people tomorrow....